If Inbound fax doesn’t work, kindly check the below points:
- If Faxer is listening to port other than
, make sure that port is appended with the IP address in SIP Trunk Configuration of free switch.
is the machine where Faxer is running and it is listening to the port
, then you need to add
in the IP address field in the SIP Trunk.Also make sure that Faxer is listening to the port configured in the trunk.
- Make sure that Faxer is listening to the port specified in the Fax.ini.
In Fax.ini there are key DEFAULTPORT and PORTLIST which contains ports Faxer is listening to.
Using taskbar identify the pid of the Faxer.exe, and then launch command line and type “netstat -ano | findstr pid”Eg. Faxer.exe has pid 15756 listening to 5060 and 5070 as in the below screenshots.
- Make sure that ports at which Faxer is listening, are not used by any other processes in that machine.
- Using SIP supported phone like linphone software or your cellphone, you can call to Fax Line number for which Faxer is configured. You should listen to Fax tone once the call is being received. If not then there is problem in routing calls to Fax Server.
- In case user has access to install Wireshark in the machine, he can run Wireshark and filter the network packets by keyword
“SIP” and trace incoming and outgoing SIP calls to Fax Server.
- Make sure that Database Server IP specified in fax.ini is reachable and valid one. Also verify Database Name, username and password is correct.
- You can check LogArchieve.log file to trace the application error.
If outbound Fax doesn’t work, kindly check the below points:
- Make sure that Fax Server is added as SIP trunk to the free switch.
- Check whether outbound PBX IP and port is valid and reachable. Fax Webservice’s
contains key “TRUNK” which has the outbound pbx value.
- Make sure that image to be sent must be only .tif or .tiff format. Other image formats are not supported.
- Make sure that .tif image file to be sent has following width and Resolution specification as below table.
| XResolution x YResolution | Image Width |
| 200×100, 204×98 | | | |
| 204×196, 204×391 | 1728 | 2048 | 2432 |
| | | | |
+————–+—————–+———+——–+——–+| 408 x 391, 400 x 400 | 3456 | 4096 | 4864 |+————–+—————–+———+——–+——–+|Letter,A4| B4 | A3 || Legal | | |+———+——–+——–+| Paper Size |
[Note: This result is based on testing done between two Faxer Service instance, With the physical Fax machine, data may vary. This is the standard width and
Resolution supported by T.30 protocol.]
If the tiff image to be sent has the resolution and width other than listed in the above table, then Fax will not be sent as it is design specification of tiff image for T.30 protocol.
- Check the tiff image other properties such as Compression, Bit depth and Resolution Unit.
should be either
CCITT T.4 or CCITT T.6
- Bit depth
- Resolution Unit must be 2.
- If you have access to linphone in the Fax Server, make a SIP call to the Fax Machine number and make sure that you listen Fax tones once call is auto answered.E.g. If receiving fax machine is configured for the number 12345 and outbound pbx IP is 10.150.17.9 and port 5070 then from Fax Server try to call to the number sip:email@example.com:5070;transport=tcp
- ROOT key value in the fax.ini and JOBFOLDER key in Fax Web Service web.config should be same and point to same directory in the machine.
- Check IMAGEFOLDER key value in web.config
points to the Fax image Directory.
- Check SQL Database Server is reachable and verify its Database name, username and password is accurate.
- You can run the Wireshark to trace the outgoing SIP calls and observe the response.
- Check LogArchieve.log to check any application related errors.